Childrens Occupational Therapy Jobs (OT Jobs)
About Childrens Occupational Therapy OT Jobs at Therapy 2000
The children’s occupational therapy jobs market will most likely grow 18 percent from 2018 to 2028, (According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics), which is much faster than the average for all occupations. Pediatric occupational therapy has been and will continue to be an essential part of treatment for individuals with illnesses and disabilities, such as cerebral palsy, autism, or the loss of a limb.
Patients are treated through the therapeutic use of everyday activities to support patients to develop, recover, and improve, as well as maintain the skills needed for living and working.
As part of their daily work routine, children’s occupational therapists will regularly review a patient’s medical history, inquire, and then observe individuals performing a task. You will then evaluate a patient’s condition and needs. Additional responsibilities include:
- Creating treatment plans that identify goals along with the types of activities to be used to help the patient work toward those goals
- Help patients with different disabilities perform several tasks, for example teaching an individual with a disability to get dressed
- Show exercises such as stretching the joints to help relieve pain in children with chronic conditions
- Home visits may be required to check patient’s health needs, identify the potential for improvement
- Your role will include educating the family of the patient regarding accommodations and care, including special equipment, such as wheelchairs, adaptive equipment, leg braces, wheelchairs, and eating aids and instruct them on how to use it
- Assess and note the patients’ activities as well as progress regarding evaluations. Support billing for reporting to medical personnel and other healthcare providers
As a children’s occupational therapist, you may modify classroom equipment to accommodate children with disabilities to help them participate in activities at school. You may also need to provide early intervention therapy to infants and toddlers who may be at risk of developmental delays.
LATEST OPEN POSITIONS
THERAPY 2000, a home-based provider of pediatric Speech, Occupational, and Physical Therapy services, has an exciting…
JOB OVERVIEW: The Pediatric Occupational Therapist Dallas will be based on Lewisville and is a qualified, licensed…
We're Hiring Therapists
If you’re a therapist looking to take your career to the next level, explore all the T2000 career opportunities.
We’re looking for candidates who are ready to bring their expertise to our team and strive to provide the very best service to our clients.