March 15, 2020
DALLAS — THERAPY 2000 & Green Apple Therapy understand the growing concern over the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Because our services are rendered one-on-one, our organization will remain open, and we are taking specific steps to help reduce the spread of the virus while continuing to serve our patients and families.
- Starting now, therapists will bring in outside toys or materials to your home only when absolutely necessary.
- Therapists will sanitize any items brought in to your home (such as testing supplies).
- Therapists will reschedule your visits if there is even the smallest chance of illness.
- We believe home health is the safest way to get your therapy because it limits contact with other people.
- Research shows that hand-washing is still the most effective method of prevention.
- We will not require you to sign your therapist’s computer, tablet or smartphone until the spread of the virus is no longer a concern.
What can you do?
- Please let your therapist know if you have traveled outside of the country in the past two weeks.
- Encourage frequent hand-washing among your family members.
- If ANYONE in your home has a fever, please cancel therapy.
- Use sanitizing spray or wipes on toys used in therapy.
- Follow the guidance of the WHO and the CDC
Providing Speech, Physical and Occupational Therapy to children across Texas is a responsibility we do not take lightly, and the Coronavirus outbreak is a rapidly changing and fluid situation. THERAPY 2000 will continue to treat this situation with the urgency it deserves and provide subsequent updates as necessary.