September 30, 2022 - 9:00 am
WEBINAR – Every Move Counts (Session 4 of 4)
*This is a CLOSED training for THERAPY 2000 / GAT therapists only
Audience: OT, PT, ST
CEU Hours: 3 Hours approved by TSHA, TOTA, TPTA
Time: 9:00am – 12:15pm
Note: This is Session 4 of 4. In order to attend, you must have attended all 3 prior sessions.
***The recorded version of Session 3 will be available again for 2 weeks prior to Sept 30. Sessions 1 and 2 are no longer available. See below for instructions***
Facilitator: Jane Korsten, MA (https://www.everymovecounts.net/)
This 3-hour training is the 3rd session of four (12 total hours), presenting non-traditional assessment and intervention strategies appropriate for the development of communication and identification of appropriate Assistive Technology for individuals having significant sensory/motor differences and complex communication needs and abilities. Information is relevant to the needs of those individuals who are currently unable to communicate their wants and needs spontaneously in their environment, regardless of age or severity of physical and/or perceived cognitive differences. Techniques incorporate current research in the areas of communication, education, sensory integration and vision.
This training series offers a unique, systematic approach for working with children with significant/multiple needs, with particular emphasis on utilization of the child’s sensorimotor interests and preferences to enhance communication, motivation, participation and learning.
Here is a quick overview of what is covered in each session:
- Session 1 – background, research, sensory assessment – DONE
- Session 2 – symbol and message considerations, Clicks and Chats assessment, summarizing assessments, selecting goals – DONE
- Session 3 – Counts, Clicks and Chats Implementation (recorded version will be available for 2 weeks prior to Session 4 / Sept 30)
- Session 4 – Evaluating the effectiveness of tools and strategies
- Distinguish language from communication and understand the prerequisite skills necessary for each.
- Recognize and assess abilities rather than disabilities through a process oriented assessment approach.
- Effectively integrate communication training into daily activities by providing appropriate choice-making opportunities.
- Progress through a hierarchy of alternate and augmentative communication systems in order to identify and provide the system that best meets an individual’s needs and abilities.
***From Kris, Every Move Counts: Sessions 1 and 2 are no longer available to be viewed. Sessions 1, 2 and 3 must be viewed before Session 4 as the information in each session builds on the previous session. If you already requested access to view a recording, your login information will allow you to view the Session 3 recording two weeks prior to Session 4 / Sept 30. If you have not needed to access a recording yet & need to now please go to this link https://learn.everymovecounts.net/courses/therapy-2000 & click on the ” Interested in this course? Email us your name & the course listed above the email@example.com” link that is right below the course name & provide me with the appropriate information.