August 19, 2022 - 9:00 am
WEBINAR – Neurodiversity-Affirming Therapeutic Methodology for the Autistic Population
Audience: ST/OT/PT and others interested in neurodiversity
CEU Hours: 2 Hours to be approved by TSHA, TOTA, TPTA (certificate of completion provided for all others)
Cost: $29 (free for THERAPY 2000 / Green Apple Therapy employees only)
- THERAPY 2000 / Green Apple Therapy Employees Register HERE
- Those who do not work for T2K/GAT, please use this link for $29 payment
- Registration for those who do not work for T2K/GAT closes at 12pm CST on Thursday, August 18, 2022
- Payment is required prior to receiving webinar login information. All payments final. No refunds or substitutions.
Rachel Dorsey, MS CCC-SLP is a Speech-Language Pathologist and owner of Rachel Dorsey: Autistic SLP, LLC where she works exclusively with Autistic clients of all ages. She has been published in the ASHA Leader, been features in the ASHA Voices Podcast, was an invited speaker in the 2021 ASHA Convention, and is on the Autism Topic Committee Board for the 2022 ASHA Convention.
Rachel Dorsey, MS, CCC-SLP will first discuss how the history of the autism diagnosis shaped modern understanding of autism. Then, Rachel will discuss how this modern understanding informs both traditional therapeutic methodology and neurodiversity-affirming therapeutic methodology while giving examples of both. Audience will have opportunities to participate through discussion of hypothetical situations.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe 3 elements of traditional therapeutic practice for the Autistic population.
- Describe 3 elements of neurodiversity affirming practice for the Autistic population
- Utilize neurodiversity affirming strategies in various clinical situations.