January 22, 2021 - 9:00 am
WEBINAR – The Therapy Journey for Children with Chronic or Progressive Conditions
*This is an internal event for THERAPY 2000 / GAT therapists only *
Audience: ST, OT, PT
CEU Hours: 3 Hours
Time: 9:00AM- 12:15PM
Jennifer Lawson, OTR, MS; Stephanie Cone, PT, MPT; Vanessa Reynolds, MS, CCC-SLP
At THERAPY 2000 / Green Apple Therapy, we strive to provide the right care, for the right child, at the right time, viewing the therapeutic process on a continuum or as a cycle, especially when working with children with chronic/lifelong or progressive conditions.
This training will address the unique therapeutic paths that children with chronic or progressive conditions may demonstrate and will offer a lens through which we can view and analyze along the way. Context and perspective are key when selecting assessment tools and interpreting findings, as well as when making decisions around medical necessity, dosage, and interventions. Routines and priorities unique to the individual child/family are particularly important for children with chronic or progressive conditions, given their complexity. Best practice for gathering and utilizing this vital information will be addressed within this training as well. Additionally, perspective and language around goal development and collaboration with caregivers will be explored.
There are times in the life of a child with a chronic or progressive condition where strategic use of the Maintenance Level / Prevent Deterioration frequency/dosage level (as outlined in the TMPPM), may be most appropriate. In this training, we will also delve into this dosage level, the Consultative Model at T2K/GAT, and the ways it serves children and families.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Discuss 3 ways in which the ICF Model guides therapeutic clinical reasoning for children with chronic or progressive conditions.
- Identify 2 tools designed to support gathering information about child/family routines and priorities.
- Discuss T2Ks 4 guiding questions for determination of medical necessity as related to children with chronic or progressive disorders.
- Develop goals, in collaboration with caregivers, during times where a child shows potential for body structure/function improvement, as well as when body structure/function is stable or declining.
- Describe 5 main features of T2Ks Consultative Model.