JOB OVERVIEW: The Pediatric Physical Therapist Dallas is a qualified, licensed professional who provides, evaluates and supervises physical therapy services to patients in their home as prescribed by the attending physician. Patient visits are predominately performed in private residence for home healthcare agency.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB TITLE: Pediatric Physical Therapist Dallas
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Completes a minimum number of visits defined by the agency
- Performs in-depth patient evaluation, develops treatment plans and implements said plans in accordance with physician’s orders
- Instructs patients, their families and other members of the health team in regards to therapy procedures
- Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding changes in patient status to the appropriate team person
- Maintains patient’s medical record in accordance with agency standards, completes and submits patient records in a timely manner
- Participates in patient care conferences, communicates with other members of the home health team to facilitate the coordination of patient care
- Supervises Physical Therapist Assistant in Dallas to accomplish the plan of treatment which was developed
- Participates in staff development and in-service education with the agency to learn about new treatments, procedures, developmental skills etc.
- Performs all duties in compliance with agency policies and procedures. Adheres to all rules, regulations, code of ethics, guidelines, and codes in federal, state and local laws which are concerned with the practice of physical therapy.
- May be required to meet with the supervisor, technical support personnel, staffing personnel or other support staff as needed to maintain therapy standards and patient care.
- Incidental time is a part of the Dallas physical therapist job responsibilities which includes, but not limited to, patient chart updates, patient notes and call logs, performance reviews, supervisory meetings, and drive time to patient’s home.
- A graduate of an accredited school program of physical therapy
- Currently licensed to practice as a Physical Therapist in the state of Texas
- Relevant clinical experience, 1 year or more preferred
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and position patients ranging in weight
- Must be physically and legally able to operate a vehicle
I-Position is considered to have opportunity for routine exposure to blood borne pathogens in the normal performance of job duties.
II- Position is considered to have occasional opportunity for exposure to blood borne pathogens in the normal performance of job duties.
III-Position is considered to have no occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens in the normal performance of job duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a physical therapist to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the PT employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds or be able to transfer patients using appropriate techniques or equipment up to 150 pounds.
A review of this position description may have excluded some of the marginal functions of the physical therapist Dallas position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. This physical therapist position in Dallas description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisors.
I acknowledge that my employment relationship with Pediatric Staffing Services of Texas unless otherwise provided in writing, shall be defined as “employment at will”, where either party may dissolve the relationship at any time.
I have reviewed this job description and understand that it is my responsibility to perform up to the high standards set forth by Pediatric Staffing Services of Texas.
PEDIATRIC STAFFING SERVICES OF TEXAS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
[su_button url=”https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/2ca9128d-d38d-4251-8774-84ae3f7b64bf/GREEN-APPLE-THERAPY-SERVICES-PLLC” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#08B3C3″ size=”4″ center=”yes” radius=”round”]APPLY FOR THIS POSITION[/su_button]