Congratulations to Jennifer Riley!
Jennifer was recently appointed by Kyle Janek, Health and Human Services Executive Commissioner to the State Medicaid Managed Care Advisory Committee.
What is the State Medicaid Managed Care Advisory Committee?
The State Medicaid Managed Care Advisory Committee, created by Senate Bill 7 of the 83rd Texas Legislature (Regular Session), provides recommendations and ongoing input to HHSC on the statewide implementation and operation of Medicaid managed care. The committee looks at a range of issues, including program design and benefits, systemic concerns from consumers and providers, efficiency and quality of services delivered by Medicaid managed care organizations, contract requirements for Medicaid managed care, provider network adequacy, and trends in claims processing.
The committee also will help HHSC with policies related Medicaid managed care and share information on best practices with the Medicaid Regional Advisory Committees. The State Medicaid Managed Care Advisory Committee serves as the central source for stakeholder input on the implementation and operation of Medicaid managed care.
- John Hellerstedt (chair), Austin, Seton
- Deanna Abraham, Corsicana, Mosaic
- Helen Baker, San Antonio, Consumer Directed Services in Texas
- Trey Berndt, Austin, AARP
- Dennis Borel, Austin, Coalition of Texans with Disabilities
- Jay Buech, San Antonio, H-E-B
- Grady Burris, Cedar Park, Texas Alliance for Long Term Care
- Troy Carter, Houston, parent
- Anne Dunkelberg, Austin, Center for Public Policy Priorities
- Tamarah Duperval-Brownlee, Georgetown, Lone Star Circle of Care
- Lynda Forehand, Murphy, parent
- Paul Hain, Dallas, Children’s Medical Center
- Carlos Hernandez, San Antonio, WellMed Medical Group
- Colleen Horton, Austin, Hogg Foundation for Mental Health
- Harvey Laas, Richmond, AccessHealth
- Adam Lalonde, Los Fresnos, Los Fresnos Dental Center
- George Ledbetter, Austin, Girling Healthcare
- Barbara Maxwell, Austin, Texas Association of Health Plans
- Vipul Mankad, Austin, Loop 360 Healthcare Solutions
- Soad Michelsen, San Antonio, Clarity Child Guidance Center
- Amy Mizcles, Austin, ARC of Texas
- Kristi Morrison, Houston, All Things Work Incorporated
- Justin Olsen, San Antonio, Children’s Hospital of San Antonio
- Nancy Rice, Houston, Travis Medical Sales Corporation
- Jennifer Riley, Dallas, THERAPY 2000
- Michelle Schaefer, Sonora, Sutton County Hospital District
- Jan Scott, Houston, Texas Children’s Health Plan
- Betty Lee Streckfuss, Spring, McKesson
- Doug Svien, Stephenville, Rock House Support Services
- Donna Tyler, Dallas, consumer and parent
- Silvia Vargas, El Paso, parent
- Raquel Villarreal, McAllen, parent